Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 1

It has been a long time since my last post.  Although this is where I will document another journey that I am about to embark on.  I have been having issues with my mind not falling asleep when it needs to.  The body is tired but the mind still goes a million miles an hour.  Netflix became my fix.  I remember growing up that my Grandfather would watch documentaries to no end.  I ended up developing the same love for them; perhaps the quest to learn something new or to just be intellectually stimulated.  I grew a fascination for watching documentaries of the health and food genres.  The documentaries really hit home.  Heck, even most of them would make me so sick that I would temporarily swear to myself that I wouldn't eat anything that wasn't grown from the ground or a tree.  If the food originated having a mom and a dad, I vowed to stay away.  The vow to change doesn't start until the original thought turns to action.

Not to sound cliche, but I was getting sick and tired of the person I was seeing in the mirror.  I would remember what I used to look like and think to myself, “How did you end up like up this?”  Luckily one night I watched Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead and it all made perfect sense.  Being the overly analytical person that I am, I researched everything that I watched in the movie.  I even went to a bunch of grocery stores and price checked the produce. I knew something had to be done.  I could only take so much of the hypertension and want so badly to not take daily medication for it.  The chest pains and being tired in every little thing was getting pretty bad, and pathetic.  I want to be around for a while.  I want to watch my athletically gifted and talented boys progress in their sports.  I also want to live long enough to walk my daughters down the aisle when they get married. 

Now is the time to put the plan in motion.  I’m going to juice with a goal of getting back to my boot camp graduation weight; 180 pounds.  I went out yesterday and purchased my first batch of produce.  I even went out last night and purchased my last unhealthy meal.  I would've gone to In-N-Out though a trip to Redding wasn't in the plans, so Del Taco and a few StrawBerRitas would have to do.

I weighed in last night at 297 pounds and will get down to 180.  I will be able to wear my Dress Blues when I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment