Learned some great concepts in Econ class this afternoon, though I have to admit, the Prof needs to get other ideas on what the wants to use for examples, especially in the case of displaying how sunk costs is tied into one's quest for total utility of a certain project. Except this guy decided to use a Clapton CD as an example. Ding Dong should have known that he was going to lose the class with that one from the get-go. Example from Prof: My $10 is considered a sunk cost in purchasing a Clapton CD, and my total utility will be achieved in listening to that CD. Now, let's say I walk out of the store and drop the Clapton CD, thus, losing my potential total utility. Ultimately, a true Economist will not go back in and re-purchase the CD since one doesn't want to incur double the original sunk cost. I about had half the mind to raise my hand, and confess anybody in their right mind would incur the double sunk cost to get their total utility from a Clapton CD for the sheer fact that its Clapton.....the Eric Clapton....you know: Layla, Strange Brew, Sunshine of Your Love.
Funny side note from this class also. The Prof has the audacity to walk through the aisles during lecture to ensure that we're taking the notes that he tells us too. One day I'm going to note on my paper, "To Instructor, please face the class and say that you're an Economics Instructor, and that you're not smarter than a 5th grader". I'm quite sure I would lose my "A" on that one.
Oh, then the end of class he has us break into our groups for a quick meet & greet before we're done for the day. He then takes a quick roll of the groups, calling to Group 6 without any replies, so I say.....Bueller.....Bueller.....Bueller. Note to self: Don't raise up any more flags indicating your age, because this class obviously had no inkling what I was talking about.
Sons of Anarchy
Great show and I can't get enough of it. Although Mr. Kurt Sutter, I'm still a bit pissed that you let Opie get off'd. Dude, you had the perfect combo going with Jax and Opie. They were another one of my Lennon/McCartney, Mick & Keith, Gene & Paul, and last but not least, Ponyboy and Sodapop Curtis. Besides, Opie was a Titan, you know, Remember the Titans?
Stay Gold Opie, Stay Gold
Oh my gosh - I just laughed so hard. You had me at Ding-Dong. :)
ReplyDelete